Friday, November 27, 2009

Successful-Choosing the Positive

You might think that after 30 years learning something so detailed as mortgage lending, why would I want to begin Successful-Part 2 and put my mind through learning how to make links and all the other good stuff that is needed to succeed in this market.  Making links are different and you get one little letter wrong and your blog does not exist.  That only causes me grief, but if I made one little mistake in approving a loan that was lacking the capacity to repay the debt....a Bank or Mortgage Company can loose thousands and thousands....and we know how much the bail-out has been and no I did not approve the bad loans.  In fact I did a lot of other things besides approve loans and all of it was detailed and had maticulous guidelines and changes everyday.  Guidelines for many products and outlines for each type of a possible borrower.  Credit review with guidelines, property review with guidelines, financial position with guidelines, income analyazation with guidelines...you name it and we had to analyze it and meet the guidelines.  So you see, this is just another challenge and I know there is so much to learn and I will take it one day at a time, just as I have done before in this new endeavor for Successful-Part 2-Choosing the positive.

Challenges are a big part of being Successful-Choosing the positive.  If we do not meet with any challenges, then we are standing still and probably doing nothing.  In all of my life's work, there have been many challenges, some good some not so good.  Did I learn anything, you bet.  A lot of times, in our endeavors we are looking for the easy way, not the most productive way.  You see, I have experienced some challenges with links and choosing and loosing my content already, but I have learned somethings of value and that is just part of it.  There is no need for me to quit because I have had to re-do and change...some stuff.  When comtemplating Successful-Choosing the Positive, you do not think about quiting anyway.

Choosing the positive of anything is looking in the mirror and saying to yourself that this may be my biggest challenge.  I know that I am older, I do not live in the city, I do not have that many friends to support me and I have had some discouraging words said already, but you know what;  this is not about anybody but me.  This is something I want to do for myself and I choose to look at the positive and change my financial status, now, tomorrow, next month, in a few more months...but I have decided that this is not something unattainable or not worth reaching for, so I choose to reach for Successful-Part 2 and Choosing the Positive as I progress.

You may have more choices than I do for that matter and you might be a person who is thinking about changing jobs within your profession and may decide to stay put.  I can't do that, that decision was made for me when the mortgage industry went kerplunk (for the most part).  I could no longer afford 2 houses and did not want to sell my home in the Country because my Father bought it with blood, sweat and tears (for cash).  Do not get me wrong, there are still a lot of great Banks and Mortgage Professional out there and there will always be, but they are not where I have to live at this point in my life. Successful-Choosing the Positive where you are, might be good for someone like you who is afraid to make changes and you might just be as well off to keep at it where you are.  Sometimes we get in a rut where we are and think the grass is greener somewhere else.  I have been there and done that and it was a mistake or either a lesson that I had to learn. Believe me, if we change our thoughts, we can change our life;  the book that Dr. Wayne Dyer has written. 

I am not suggesting that anyone and especially someone close to retirement do what I am doing but what I do have to say, is that it is never too late to make drastic changes in your life if you feel good about it and it is not the worst thing that can happen to you, if you have to make a change.  A lot of people have lost their jobs, but keep heart and believe that God certainly does not single out anyone, these are just some of the negative things that happen and when they happen it can be at the worst possible moments.  Things will get better, you will survive, keep being good to other people and please look at the positive.

 I do not feel older, in fact I am in grand health, I am a positive thinker and I believe in choosing the positive in my life.  Yes, I do have a disability, not one you can see or notice immediately.  If you were to meet me and talk to me for a few minutes, you might not even know it.  If you talk to me for sometime you would realize that I have a problem understanding some words that people speak; that I have a hearing difficulty, a tone deafness. I have lost lots of my hearing.  I will give you more detail on this latter.  This is not from old age, I developed this in my 20's.  I never let it slow me down and it has not been easy... another subject on Choosing the Positive, regardless.  You get enough negative without even thinking about it, so if you dwell on the good things in life,  Successful-Choosing the Positive is a piece of cake!!!

Obstacles,No Limitations,Ability

6 comments:

Walmart Coupons said...

Hi chum, I want to show appreciation for writing such a high-quality quality piece of writing, really will help me out in frequent traditions.

Stock Trading said...

I do not accept ones like above which are not technically right in sense, but do not actually have any meaning with the above post. But could work with probably 90% of other posts.

Human Development said...

Wow ! I got something great here at your blog related to my findings because I love to listen on the listed topic like this that can motivate and change the working procedure of peoples on behalf of personal/self improvement by the motivation.

weight loss supplements said...

I like this one. It is full of optimism which is an important fuel in our lives to survive different adversities.This help me to improve myself in a lot of ways.

Oil paintings said...

Every person should have a goal in life to motivate them. I still believe that success is not a destination but rather it is a journey, a journey that every one should enjoy may it be good or bad because in that journey we had learned something. A very inspiring post. Thank you for sharing.

Linda said...

Okay, guys the holidays have been busy and I am just getting to these post. Thank you so much for coming by here to read and comment. I appreciate it so much.