Thursday, November 26, 2009

Successful-Part 2

Success Story

There is a story for me to tell behind this title, Successful-Part 2 and I am about to tell it...to anyone who wants to read it and hopefully, it means you.  You might find it interesting because it is not about the rich kid from main street with a college degree. It is about a small town high school graduate, who left the small town and found success.  Maybe not in the sense of what some call success, because I am not rich (with money)even now and I don't live in the biggest house in this little town. What I do possess is a strong sense of  "I" believe that "I" can do most anything "I" put my mind to with a lot of hard work and dedication.  I come from a hard working, middle class family who did not have lots of money but who have faith in God and His blessing and we have had our share of those "God's Blessings".  In this blog Successful-Part 2 I hope you will see how anyone, from anywhere can find a way to feel success, at any stage in their life.

 Anyone who believes that being successful means you have to be a certain age, from a certain family, attend a certain school and live in a certain place; should definitely read this and learn something about determination, hard work and applying oneself to whatever the situtation calls for.  Oh, and I think that everyone, no matter how successful you are, or think you are, should know that success is not just about making money or should I say, having it? 

Success or being successful is about many things and some of it has nothing to do with money or making it but it is essential to life so therefore it is a part of it and we can talk about it because it is so important to making our life more comfortable. We can make load of money but if we do not have a plan and stick to that life plan, we can go broke.  Right?  Sure it is right. 

I am starting on Successful-Part 2 and let me tell you why.  Successful-Part 1 was a whirlwind.  When I left this small town, moved to the city, I doubled the salary I was making.  When I made that move, I left behind some skeptical friends and family but I made the move anyway and from there on, it was mostly good things that happened, until.  I will get back to the until a little later.  I learned, worked hard and worked hard some more and had the desire to become successful, except I did not even realize I was seeking success at the time, I was just seeking to know more, do more and of course, make more money. Even though I am a millionaire now, I feel that Part 1 of my career was successful in most ways. Did I make any mistakes along the way?  Yes, quite a few and in the end, would I do anything over, probably so but as we know we are not allowed a second chance, we must do it right the first time.   At any rate I am on my Successful -Part 2 campaign, right now and I will explain as I go. 

Education is one of the most important parts of life that any young person can do for themselves today.  It will give you opportunities that you cannot get without it and that is the bottom line. "The BIG BUT" ....If you do not have a higher education, it does not mean that you cannot be successful, it can just means that it may be a little harder for you.  I am your prime example. I just happened to hit is lucky and was not afraid to move, change or do whatever the situation called for to get a little higher in rank....if you will.  I just kept at it.   I have been in the mortgage industry for 30+ years.  I worked my way up from the bottom to management and when I say worked, I mean worked, long hours, studied, took courses and you name it.  I became a mortgage loan underwriter with FHA/VA endorsements as well as Conventional loan approval status.  I worked hard, I made above the average income for the Nation and I can say that I enjoyed it and was successful for that time. Before the crash; I think you know the "crash" I am talking about, (the one that they call the Bank "bailouts" or "payouts") I could get a job almost anywhere. I worked in several areas of the business and I got to travel to many cities within the US and I learned so much about people as well as my profession and now you know why I am starting on Succuessful-Part 2, without a doubt. 

Since this "crash", everything has changed, medium size Banks have sold to larger ones and larger one move the home office to some place else and what do you know, you don't have a job....at least that is where I worked and lived.  Since I have a home in the Country, I have moved and have had to settled for much less in a career. There are no mortgage jobs in this little town, the "good" jobs are for those who completed a 4 year degree (most of them).  Teacher, Nurse, Doctor, Lawyer and the like.  It doesn't matter that I have worked every job in an office situation and made more money at times in my career than some (a lot of ) 4 year degree graduates, I don't have a degree.  So, in saying that I have started on my Successful- Part 2 strategy.

I have not given all the details about my career because remember it was 30 years of it and I will get to some more stuff about success later.  I have started on Successful-Part 2 because, I am not old enough to retire yet, that is my opinion...I believe that it is good to learn new things at whatever stage in your life and I'll dare anyone to tell me that I can't make any money with Internet Marketing. Well, you don't know me. Also if you are interested in Successful-Part 2 of your life. I will give you some more information that I have run upon later.

If you are shaking your heard right now, okay fine, but if you want to hear more about Successful-Part 1 and follow me on the road to Successful-Part 2, hang on, it is real and it is something that I feel in my gut and I am going to finish what I started... A great part of this is knowing your weaknesses and your strenghts and working hard to change your weaknesses.

"Never under-estimate the importance of a curious mind and a soul that is just not willing to give up". 
Quoted by LT.

Successful-Part2,Successful Success,
No age Limit,Choosing the positive,Success-Strategy

4 comments:

Linda Myshrall said...

Linda, For those of us who have had the metaphorical rug yanked out from underneath us, this is truly inspirational! I will look forward to reading and learning from you. Thanks from the "other" Linda.

Linda said...

Linda Myshrall, Thank you so much for coming here to read and comment. I appreciate it so much. Glad you found me. I try really hard to be honest and open.

james watkins said...

I very much enjoyed reading your story here. You face the future with hope and faith and we both know that is of the big three. Good luck.

Linda said...

Thank you James...this is one of the first blogs I started. Haven't written much here in awhile but glad you found it and thanks for stopping by.